Name:
Location: Abilene, Texas

Associate Professor of Old Testament at ACU, 1980 Alumni, and avid baseball fan (why else begin with a baseball field?)

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Let it blow

I decided yesterday at the end of a long week of teaching a January intensive course that I was going to the lake today (Coleman). The forecast was decent - 60 degrees with 10-15 mph wind out of the North.

Well, I went - and it was wonderful. Didn't catch a thing. Didn't get a bite. The air temp was no where near 60 degree and the wind was howling out of the North at 15-20 Mph with gusts. But it was great to be on the water for the whole 2 hours I could stand it. I even ventured out into the main lake just a bit, turned the boat into the wind, and was sprayed with 48 degree water. Priceless.

Reel report: The new Shimano reel is incredible. Smooth, long, and difficult to backlash - that's right, the braking system is really good.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home